I'm hooked on sharing sugary delights... I have two pages on facebook

For the whole wide world of English speakers out there, native and otherwise, I also have a Facebook page appropriately titled
top of the world cakes. Find me there, if you dare :)

And for those lucky few of you out there who understand Icelandic (I'm not joking there are only about 300.000 people in the whole Icelandic nation) I have an Icelandic Facebook page, just look for veislu kökur http://www.facebook.com/veislukokur

18 December, 2012

Healty Snack in a Jam Jar

I have three kids and they seem to have a lot of energy... way more than I do.
Two of them take packed snacks to school.
I try to make them something healthy and tasty.
One of my solutions is a Smoothy like creation that can be made in bulk and keeps fresh in the freezer.
They love it... so why wouldn't you?


It's just a jumble of fresh fruit and berries, topped off with vanilla yogurt and a little vanilla cream.


You will need a good selection of fresh and frozen berries and fruits, a blender and some jars for the first stage.
I used two bananas,
some blueberries that I picked this fall and stuffed in the freezer,
frozen strawberries
and some frozen mangoes
Two apples peeled and cored
two pears peeled and cored


Blitz it in the blender till it runs smoothly.



Pour into little jam jars,
Careful to only fill them half way up.
Pop them in the freezer and let them get nice and solid.
When you intend to use it just take it out in the morning and add vanilla yoghurt or (for the Icelanders) Skyr. I topped it off with just a little bit of vanilla cream for that added smoothness.
Take it with you and don't worry, it won't spill if you put the lid on tight.
By the time you want to eat it the frozen berry mix will have thawed and the yoghurt will be nice and cold.
Just mix with spoon and enjoy.

Have a Berry Good Day Everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment