I'm hooked on sharing sugary delights... I have two pages on facebook

For the whole wide world of English speakers out there, native and otherwise, I also have a Facebook page appropriately titled
top of the world cakes. Find me there, if you dare :)

And for those lucky few of you out there who understand Icelandic (I'm not joking there are only about 300.000 people in the whole Icelandic nation) I have an Icelandic Facebook page, just look for veislu kökur http://www.facebook.com/veislukokur

03 December, 2012

All things Baked and Beautiful, all Cakes and Treats Delight.

Cakes are heartwarming treats that bring a smile to most peoples faces, I maintain that he few people who don't like cakes simply haven't found the right recipes yet... and they deserve all our compassion and help to find it.



You see, a good, generous slice of rich chocolate cake made from real chocolate with a side helping of whipped cream and bright read strawberries can make the dark winter nights just a little bit more bearable and brings a sparkle to life to rival the stars above.

I love to bake, not only do I like to try new recipes, but once I've broken them down to their basic form I can't help myself... I have to change them, add something, take something away, mix, match and change the topping.
This used to be a simple carrot cake... it was really good.
Now it's better :)
I added apples, nuts and some maple syrup to the mix. The topping is mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, vanilla sugar, double cream and maple syrup.
The trees are made from dark orange flavored chocolate.
I call it a Early Winter Nights.



I also go mad when it comes to decorating them. 
I recently encountered the magic of fondant and gum paste... that stuff is amazing.
Literally anyone can make the most amazing cakes.
No hassle.
Ok, I lie.
It's a little hassle.
But it's worth it.
I made this monstrosity the other day.
It's Aladdin, the desert, the cave, the palace, Jafar, Iago...
And Aladdin with Abu and the lamp on the carpet.
I even added lights to the cave so it has glowing red eyes.
Mad I tell you.

But I'm not done, I don't know what comes next but it will be a blast.
This blog is where I want to vent my ideas and share my experience.
Join me on the sugary side of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment